Apache Hbase Training is designed for developers already familiar with Apache Hadoop. Participants should be familiar with Hadoop’s architecture and APIs and have experience writing basic applications.
You Will Learn
- The components of an HBase cluster
- When you should — and should not — use HBase
- How to use the HBase shell to directly manipulate HBase tables
- How to design optimal HBase schemas for efficient data storage and recovery
- How to connect to HBase using the Java API
- How to configure an HBase cluster
- How to administer an HBase cluster, identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks
Additional self-study appendices discuss bulk-loading data into HBase tables and how Hive can be used to query HBase tables.
HBase Training – Prerequisites
This course is appropriate for developers and administrators who intend to use HBase. Prior experience with databases and data modeling is helpful, but not required. Prior knowledge of Java is helpful. Prior knowledge of Hadoop is not required.
During this course students will perform numerous hands-on exercises.
- The use cases and usage occasions for HBase, Hadoop, and RDBMS
- Using the HBase shell to directly manipulate HBase tables
- Designing optimal HBase schemas for efficient data storage and recovery
- How to connect to HBase using the Java API, configure the HBase cluster, and administer an HBase cluster
- Best practices for identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks